Boy on Swing Pendant
Our pendant of the day comes to us from "From Laura With Love". I love the feeling of nostalgia that you get with this Pendant. Who doesn’t remember sitting on a swing daydreaming or simply admiring the world around us. There is something about this type of pendants, one that brings out deep emotions. This is a great example of why I love handmade pendants.
A young boy on a swing looking longingly across the garden, perhaps the grass is greener on the other side of the fence? This pendant is part of a series inspired by vintage photographs and postcards. It is laser cut and laser engraved from pages of an old book and plywood. Due to the use of Vintage items and the layering of different components each piece is completely unique.
Things I miss from my childhood.
- Playing outside till the streetlights came on
- Saturday morning Cartoons
- Climbing trees, fences and anything else we could climb
- Riding bikes without helmets or protective pads
- Having parents who were still married
- Skates that had 4 wheels
- Having Burger King or McDonalds as a treat
- Double feature at the movies
- Being able to buy chips and a soda with $1
- Riding in the back of a pickup truck
- Not knowing how the special effects movie tricks were done
- Getting a real letter in the mail
Leave us a comment. What do you miss from your childhood?